Wednesday, October 23, 2013

October 18, 2013

Well things are great my companion is Elder Pancheri from Howe Idaho he is so cool we have the worlds smallest branch as of right now we had a chili feed Saturday night. On Sunday, the church has no pues in the building only chairs but its great the bishop doesn't even where a suit and they chat right over the pulpit so chill we got a new ward roster were using a old one from 2011 not a lot of luck with it. Oh I am in Ogallala Nebraska and hour from Sydney the farthest place you can go in this mission it has been closed for 3 years now we have only met a small group of people this far we only had maybe 20 people at church we have 160 inactive people in our area to work with so will start getting busy soon oh would like recipes so we can cook some food we are doing alright oh Mike did you serve in this area at all my companion want to know and Ivan what's your parents names to see if he knows them. Before we came out here I went out tracking placed 2 book of Mormons was great then that night at the hotel I ran into the guy who is in charge of all the hotels in for La Quinta he got one and then another lady who works there but things here are so funny the teenagers at night for fun with driver up and down the main street in town for hours that what they do for fun crazy. Oh so we went to check out the lake the second day we were here and I found this box right that said WHISKEY on it so we put it in the truck yes mike we have a truck bring it home open it and guess what's in side it was.......... A DEAD DOG oh I almost threw up it was so nasty but funny we have laughed about that for weeks and Steve oh boy he is the guy who runs the apartment's we are in complains we walk to loud cause he lives below us but he is so funny always talks about smoking weed and stuff. Have not yet been able to post all of the pictures yet but have a lot to share not sure how I am going to be able to up load them but will try soon to get them all up We are in a different time zone that the rest of my mission so that interesting there love this area hunting stats soon so we have offered to have people call us when they shoot something to help drag them out or to even gut them out have only seen one dead deer so far but was a doe but the people here are very nice just love the area and its not that flat there is rolling hills here but flatter than home by far yes. Then as I was typing  this a guys stat down here next to me and he says " No way I have been waiting for years for my church guys to show up here that I could talk to there has been a lot happen in my life I need to talk with you about" he was baptized 4 years ago and the last time he saw missionarys was last year he saw a couple some where. so supper stoked about that meeting with him tomorrow. oh walked across the whole town of Paxton was crazy the whole town was empty cause of the auction that was going on crazy stuff but its so cool here the inactives we have met are just so great they are all awesome and cant wait to tell you next week if about all the other awesome adventures we go in oh and I chased a couple of turkeys and seen some muley bucks but nothing like back home size but stoked to be here in the country my companion told the mission president he wanted to be shipped out to the stick when he came out and has spent 75% of his mission in Lincoln Or Omaha so he loves it here too love you all so much. LOVE ELDER LOTT

No comments:

Post a Comment